Outside Director/Proxy Holder Baseline Training IS175.CU
Description: This curriculum is specifically designed for the Defense Security Service's Outside Director (OD), Proxy Holder (PH) and Voting Trustee (VT) community. ODs, PHs and VTs play an important role in the effective implementation of Foreign Ownership, Control, or Influence (FOCI) Mitigation Agreements. They are responsible for performing their duties in a manner believed to be in the best interests of the company but consistent with the national security concerns of the United States. This curriculum provides students a basic understanding of FOCI documentation and terms and the roles and responsibilities of the Government Security Committee, the U.S. Government, and industry personnel involved in the FOCI process. Students will also gain critical awareness of cybersecurity, insider threats, and foreign intelligence entity threats.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: See individual courses for learning outcomes.
Delivery Method: Curriculum
Length: 7 hours
Target Audience: This curriculum is specifically designed for the Defense Security Service's Outside Director (OD), Proxy Holder (PH) and Voting Trustee (VT) community.
- General Requirements:
- List of Courses and Exams:
- OD/PH Training Module 1- Introduction to DSS, FOCI, and FOCI Mitigating Agreements (IS183.16)
- OD/PH Training Module 2- Administering the FOCI Agreement and Compliance (IS184.16)
- OD/PH Training Module 3 - Roles and Responsibilities of the Government Security Committee (GSC) (IS185.16)
- OD/PH Training Module 4 - Additional Responsibilities of Proxy Holders and Voting Trustees (IS186.16)
- OD/PH Training Module 5 - Security Vulnerability Assessment and Best Practices at FOCI Companies (IS187.16)
- OD/PH Training Module 6 - Initial Meeting, Annual Compliance Report, and Annual Meeting (IS188.16)
- Insider Threat Awareness and exam (INT101.16)
- Cybersecurity Awareness (CS130.16)
- List of Documents:
- Targeting U.S. Technologies: A Trend Analysis of Cleared Industry Reporting
- Navigating the Affiliated Operations Plan: A Guide for Industry
- Partnering With Outside Directors and Proxy Holders To Strengthen FOCI Boards: A White Paper
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: N/A
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 21
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.