Description: The program addresses counterintelligence awareness and reporting, insider threat awareness, the integration of counterintelligence into security programs, counterintelligence concerns in personnel security and foreign travel, research and technology protection, and threats to defense industry.
Learning Objectives: See individual courses for learning outcomes.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 9 hours
Target Audience: DOD military, civilian, and contractor security professionals (Facility Security Officers) and practitioners responsible for developing and maintaining a security program for their unit or facility.
- General Requirements:
- List of Courses and Exams
All courses and any associated exams must be completed in the STEPP learning management system to receive credit under this program. Courses completed through the Security Awareness Hub website will not be eligible for credit toward this Certificate.
- Thwarting the Enemy CI111.16
- Counterintelligence Awareness and Security Briefing CI112.16
- Counterintelligence Awareness and Reporting for DOD Employees CI116.16
- Protecting Assets in the NISP CI117.16
- Counter-Proliferation CI118.16
- CI Foreign Travel Briefing Short CI022.16
- Suspicious Emails Short CI021.16
- Counterintelligence Concerns for National Security Adjudicators Short CI020.16
- Insider Threat Awareness INT101.16
- Cybersecurity Awareness CS130.16
- Clearance Requirements: None
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a 75 percent grade average on course exams and the comprehensive Final Exam.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): 4 semester hours, upper division baccalaureate degree category
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 16.5
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.