Description: The curriculum provides students with the information needed to prepare them for the duties and responsibilities of an FSO in a contractor facility participating in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP).
Learning Objectives: See individual courses for learning outcomes.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 29 hours (includes courses and exams)
Target Audience: The target audience is Facility Security Officers at cleared DOD contractors participating in the NISP. Secondary audiences include other contractor security personnel, DCSA Industrial Security Representatives, and DOD Industrial Security Specialists.
All courses and any associated exams must be completed in the STEPP learning management system to receive credit under this curriculum.
- General Requirements:
- List of Courses and Exams
- Facility Security Officer (FSO) Role in the NISP IS023.16
- Introduction to Information Security IF011.16
- Facility Clearances in the NISP IS140.16
- Understanding Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence (FOCI) IS065.16
- NISP Reporting Requirements IS150.16
- Personnel Clearances in the NISP IS142.16
- Visits/Meetings in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) IS105.16
- Developing a Security Education Training Program GS104.16
- Protecting Assets in the NISP CI117.16
- NISP Self-Inspection IS130.16
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Passing score of 75% on exams and performance exercises at the end of the course in order to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): 3 semester hours, lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 4
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.