Description: This program is intended for Department of Defense (DOD) military and civilian personnel who occupy positions designated as an Original Classification Authority (OCA). This program consists of eLearning courses that will provide OCA personnel a foundational knowledge of original classification policies, procedures, and methodologies in order to effectively exercise their original classification authority. The program will also provide OCAs fundamental knowledge in marking classified information and an overview of the classification challenge process.
Learning Objectives: See individual courses for learning outcomes.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 8.75 hours (includes courses and exams)
Target Audience: DOD military and civilian personnel appointed to positions designated as an Original Classification Authority or who occupy positions that prepare recommendations for original classification to an OCA.
- General Requirements:
- List of Courses and Exams Required
- Original Classification Course IF102.16
- Original Classification IF102.06
- Security Classification Guidance Course IF101.16
- Security Classification Guidance IF101.06
- Marking Special Categories of Classified Information Course IF105.16
- Marking Special Categories of Classified Information IF105.06
- Classification Conflicts and Evaluations Course IF110.06
- Clearance Requirements: None
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.