Description: This program provides students with a thorough understanding of the security requirements for safeguarding classified information being processed and stored in information systems at cleared contractor facilities through an in-depth review of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Assessment and Authorization process.
Learning Objectives: See individual courses for learning outcomes.
Delivery Method: eLearning (includes courses and exams)
Length: 5 hours
Target Audience: This course is intended for Department of Defense (DOD) information system users and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the NISP who have responsibility for assessing information systems and authorizing to the government that information systems meet security requirements.
- Clearance Requirements: None
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Course and Exam Requirements: Successful completion of the courses and exams listed below with a passing grade of 75 percent on each course examination:
- Introduction to the NISP RMF A&A Process Course CS150.16
- Introduction to the NISP RMF A&A Process CS150.06
- Applying Assessment and Authorization in the NISP Course CS250.16
- Applying Assessment and Authorization in the NISP CS250.06
- Technical Implementation of A&A in the NISP CS300.06
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 12
- NOTE: Only submit PDUs for each individual course or for the total hours for the specific program. Do not submit PDUs for both program and individual courses in the program.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Contact CompTIA to find out about CEUs for this course.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.