Basic Industrial Security for the Government Security Specialist Program IS050.CU
Description: The curriculum provides the Government Industrial Security Specialist with the basic industrial security requirements of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM). These are the same requirements that every cleared contractor facility participating in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) follows and on which any additional security requirements imposed by the Government should be based.
Learning Objectives: See individual courses for learning outcomes.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 31.5 hours (includes courses and exams)
Target Audience: The target audience is Department of Defense (DoD) Government, military and civilian security specialists with industrial security oversight responsibilities. This curriculum is also open to Facility Security Officers (FSOs), security personnel at DoD cleared contractor facilities and Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Industrial Security Representatives (IS Reps).
- General Requirements:
- List of Courses and Exams
All courses and any associated exams must be completed in the STEPP learning management system to receive credit under this curriculum.
- Acquisition and Contracting Basics in the NISP IS123.16
- Business Structures in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) IS051.16
- Clearances in Industrial Security: Putting it All Together IS125.16
- Industrial Security Basics IS122.16
- Industrial Security Databases and Systems IS124.16
- Introduction to the NISP Certification RMF A&A Process CS150.16
- NISP Reporting Requirements Course IS150.16
- NISP Security Violations and Administrative Inquiries IS126.16
- NISP Self-Inspection IS130.16
- Preparing the DD Form 254 IS128.16
- Safeguarding Classified Information in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) IS109.16
- Transmission and Transportation for Industry IS107.16
- Visits and Meetings in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) IS105.16
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Passing score of 75% on exams and performance exercises at the end of the course in order to print a certificate of successful completion.
- List of Courses and Exams
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): 3 semester hours, lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: See individual course descriptions for PDUs
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.