DoD Advanced Personnel Security Adjudications PS301.10
Description: This course provides an in-depth study of the basis and application of due process in unfavorable DoD personnel security determinations. The course emphasizes evaluation and resolution of complex and multiple issue cases.
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Apply and demonstrate the advanced skills required to make final security eligibility adjudicative determinations and administer applicable due process procedures.
- Analyze, identify and adjudicate significant derogatory information during initial, post-adjudicative and reconsideration reviews.
- Prepare Statement of Reasons (SOR), review replies to SOR(s) and document final determinations after drawing a conclusion based on the analysis of pertinent facts.
Delivery Method: Virtual Instructor-led
Length: 30 hours over two weeks
Target Audience: This course is intended for Department of Defense (DoD) civilian (GG-11 level and above) and military personnel assigned to the DoD Consolidated Adjudications Facility (CAF) who perform due process duties in conjunction with national security eligibility determinations for access. Also open to adjudicators at the GG-9 level subject to DoD CAF approval. Nominations for attendance must be approved and made through training coordinator or designee.
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: Students must complete all exercises and participate in forum discussions.
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn 160 points out of 200, an 80 percent grade average, on course exams and performance exercises. The mandatory final exam is administered on site at CDSE Linthicum, MD.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of the DoD Personnel Security Adjudications PS101.01 course and currently performing in an adjudicative or related position for the past 12 months, or, at least 6 months of on-the-job experience after successful completion of the DoD Personnel Security Adjudications PS101.01 course.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: Three (3) semester hours in the upper-division baccalaureate degree category
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 45
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.
Sep 16 - 27, 2019
(Exam in Linthicum 27 Sep 2019)
Dec 02 - 13, 2019
(Exam in Linthicum 13 Dec 2019)
Mar 02 - 13, 2020
(Exam in Linthicum 13 Mar 2020)
Jul 06 - 17, 2020
(Exam in Linthicum 17 Jul 2020)
Sep 14 - 25, 2020
(Exam in Linthicum 25 Sep 2020)