There are no in person instructor-led course offerings. We are offering virtual instructor-led iterations through Adobe Connect. Visit our Virtual Instructor-led Training page for a list of course offerings.
Description: This course allows new FSOs and security personnel the opportunity to learn and apply fundamental National Industrial Security Program (NISP) requirements in a collaborative environment. It also serves as a refresher on industrial security basics for experienced FSOs. Areas of focus include the DD 254, insider threat, reporting requirements, counterintelligence, security and contractor reviews, security training and briefings, and personnel security.
Learning Objectives: Students will demonstrate comprehension of NISP requirements for FSOs.
Delivery Method: Virtual Instructor-led Training (VILT)
Length: 4 days, 4 hours a day
Target Audience: The target audience is Facility Security Officers at cleared DOD contractor facilities participating in the NISP. Secondary audiences include other contractor security personnel, DOD Industrial Security Specialists, and others working in the security environment such as Human Resources, Administrative Assistants, Program Managers, and Military Members exiting the various services.
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: Full-time attendance and participation in all sessions and interactions (student engagement is monitored throughout the course and required for a completion certificate). Please note that students who are "no-show" and fail to provide notification of cancellation will not be able to register for subsequent offerings of this course for one year.
- Exam Requirements: N/A
Prerequisites: Successful completion of the following courses:
- Facility Security Officer (FSO) Role in the NISP course (IS023.16) and exam
- Preparing the DD Form 254 (IS128.16) and exam
- Insider Threat Awareness Course (INT101.16) and exam
- Counterintelligence Awareness and Security Brief (CI112.16) and exam
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 48
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
IF STEPP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE PREREQUISITE COURSE, CONTACT THE Help Desk.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.