SCI Security Refresher SCI100.16
Description: This course will provide students with refresher training on how to protect Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs). Students will be able to identify the process for SCI pre-screening and indoctrination; recognize SCI policy guidance documents; identify the purpose and components of the SCI Nondisclosure Statement; identify SCI classification markings and dissemination controls; identify proper methods for handling, discussing, reproducing, transporting, and destroying SCI material; identify proper procedures for visitors or escorts in SCIFs; identify types of accredited SCIFs and their purposes; identify components of the Fixed Facility Checklist and the accreditation process; and recognize types of information to be reported by SCI-accessed personnel.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the process for SCI pre-screening and indoctrination
- Recognize SCI policy guidance documents
- Identify the purpose and components of the SCI Nondisclosure Statement
- Identify SCI classification markings and dissemination controls
- Identify proper methods for handling, discussing, reproducing, transporting, and destroying SCI material
- Identify proper procedures for visitors or escorts in SCIFs
- Identify types of accredited SCIFs and their purposes
- Identify components of the Fixed Facility Checklist and the accreditation process
- Recognize types of information to be reported by SCI-accessed personnel
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: DoD civilian, military and contractor personnel who work in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF), including those who are responsible for the security of a SCIF, namely the Special Security Officers (SSOs) and Special Security Representatives (SSRs)
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 6
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.