Description: The course provides an overview of the DOD HSPD-12 Common Access Card (CAC) credentialing process, to include the purpose, basic steps, investigative requirements, basic and supplemental standards, and determination decisions.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the purpose of HSPD-12 Adjudications
- Identify the basic steps in the HSPD-12 adjudication process
- Identify the purpose of and requirements for interim CAC review pending completion of background investigation
- Identify the HSPD-12 investigative requirements and process
- Apply the HSPD-12 basic and supplemental standards to scenarios that present potentially disqualifying information
- Identify the process for handling unfavorable determinations
- Identify the requirements for recording the final adjudicative determination
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 4 hours
Target Audience: DOD security and human resource professionals, and other DOD affiliated individuals responsible for performing HSPD-12 CAC credentialing.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final exam
Prerequisites: Identifying and Safeguarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII) DS-IF101.06
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.