Description: This course is mandatory training for all DOD personnel with access to controlled unclassified information (CUI). The course provides information on the eleven training requirements for accessing, marking, safeguarding, decontrolling and destroying CUI along with the procedures for identifying and reporting security incidents. This course also fulfills CUI training requirements for industry when it is required by Government Contracting Activities for contracts with CUI requirements.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Explain the purpose of the CUI program
- Describe the purpose and location of the Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO) and Department of Defense (DOD) CUI registries
- Apply proper initial marking requirements
- Identify decontrol requirements
- Describe safeguarding requirements
- Identify proper destruction methods
- Apply appropriate access and dissemination controls
- Explain the procedures for identifying and reporting security incidents
- State the implementation guidelines
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 45 minutes
Target Audience: DOD military, civilian and contractor personnel who have access to CUI.
Number of students per class: N/A
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 70 percent on the final exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.