Electronic Security Systems PY250.16
This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam (PY250.06) separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides students with a comprehensive knowledge of Electronic Security Systems (ESS), subsystems, policy, baseline requirements for the design of an ESS to protect specific areas, and key planning considerations to implement an effective ESS.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Define the purpose of ESS
- Identify the purpose and roles of the subsystems that comprise ESS (ACS, IDS, CCTV, DTM, and monitoring centers)
- Identify applicable references and policies for specific types and best uses for ESS
- Apply the baseline requirements for ESS for Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs), Top Secret/Secret open storage areas, arms storage areas/armories, and magazines
- Identify key planning considerations for ESS implementation
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1.5 hours
Target Audience: Civilian, military, and contractor personnel responsible for or involved with application of physical security in the safeguarding and protection of DoD assets
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn 75% percent grade average on the final examination.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with PY201.01
- Continuing Education Units per IACET: 0
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 3
Additional System Requirements: Internet Explorer 6.0, Flash Player 8, Internet bandwidth connection (DSL or better), Display 1024 x 768, Audio (16-bit sound card), Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.
Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.