Lock and Key Systems PY104.16
Description: This course familiarizes students with the various lock and key systems available to protect classified and sensitive Department of Defense (DoD) information and assets. In this course, students learn the difference between key-operated and combination-operated locking devices, the primary parts of locking devices, and which locking devices are authorized to use for classified or sensitive information/assets. The course also identifies and discusses several considerations for choosing locks to secure many types of doors to buildings, ammunition bunkers, storage areas, offices, security containers, and filing cabinets. Additionally, this course identifies requirements and recommendations for a key control program and a master key locking system.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: Students shall demonstrate comprehension of the various lock and key systems available for use in support of protecting DoD assets.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 90 minutes
Target Audience: This course targets DoD civilian and military employees, as well as Defense contractors. Other Federal Government employees are welcome and encouraged to complete the course with the understanding the course is designed with DoD policies. The policies of other federal agencies may differ from the course material.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing grade of 75% on the final exam (PY104.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with GS101.01, GS101.10, and PY201.01
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 4.50
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Contact CompTIA to find out about CEUs for this course.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.