Introduction to Physical Security PY011.16
Description: This course provides a basic understanding of the theories and principles for the application of physical security to protect DoD assets. The course focuses on physical security, the roles people play in the physical security program, and physical security planning and implementation. In addition, it introduces the concept of security-in-depth and explores how countermeasures are developed and deployed to deter, delay, detect, or prevent attacks.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: Students shall demonstrate comprehension of the concept of physical security, as well as the physical security measures and their uses available for implementation in the protection of DoD assets.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1 hour
Target Audience: This course is for DoD civilian and military employees, as well as defense contractors responsible for, or involved, with application of physical security in the safeguarding and protection of DoD assets.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing grade of 75 percent on examination at end of course will allow the student to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with GS101.01, GS101.10, and PY201.01
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 3
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.