Facility Clearances in the NISP IS140.16
Description: This course introduces the student to the purpose and the eligibility requirements of an FCL. The course will cover the FCL request process as well as the impact the various business structures may have on this process. Additionally, the course will discuss FCL maintenance to include the various FCL statuses and the impact that certain changed conditions and personnel actions may have on an FCL.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: Students shall demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to use FCL eligibility requirements and Department of Defense (DoD) procedures for granting and administering FCLs in accordance with the NISP.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: The target audience is Facility Security Officers at cleared DoD contractor sites participating in the NISP. Secondary audiences include other contractor security personnel, DSS Industrial Security Representatives, and DoD Industrial Security Specialists.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IS020.CU and IS030.CU
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 6
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.