National Industrial Security System (NISS) External User Training Course IS127.16
**Please note, the course may take a few moments to load. Please be patient and allow the course to load in the pop-up window.**
Description: This course provides a high-level overview of the National Industrial Security System (NISS), which will become an authoritative system of record for DSS at a date that is to be determined. The NISS will replace two systems: the Industrial Security Facilities Database (ISFD) and the Electronic Facility Clearance System (e-FCL). This course helps students learn navigation of the NISS application to successfully perform tasks associated with the facility clearance process and other tasks necessary to maintain oversight of security program effectiveness. Access information about the transition from ISFD/e-FCL to the NISS.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: Students will learn how to perform specific tasks in NISS based on their roles and responsibilities. Topics include:
- How to submit a sponsorship request for a facility clearance
- How to submit a facility verification request
- How to submit a change condition package
- How to use the messaging function
- How to submit documentation related to Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence (FOCI)
- How to view the facility profile
- Other tasks related to security program management in NISS
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1.5 hours
Target Audience: Industry security staff, Government Contract Activity (GCA) sponsors, Industry and Government facility clearance verifiers, and other DoD Security Specialists with Industrial Security responsibilities.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: N/A
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 4.5
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.