Safeguarding Classified Information in the NISP IS109.16
Description: This course introduces policy, documentation, preparation, and procedures for safeguarding classified information for contractors participating in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP). The course focuses primarily on Chapter 5 of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the general requirements for safeguarding classified information.
- Identify the requirements for control and accountability of classified information.
- Identify options and requirements for storage of classified information.
- Identify requirements for disclosure of classified information.
- Identify requirements for reproduction of classified information.
- Identify requirements for disposition of classified information.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2.5 hours
Target Audience: The target audience is facility Security Officers at cleared DoD contractors participating in the NISP. Secondary audiences include other contractor security personnel, DSS Industrial Security Representatives, and DoD industrial Security Specialists.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IS030.CU and IS050.CU
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 7.5
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Contact CompTIA to find out about CEUs for this course.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.