Insider Threat Records Checks INT230.16
Description: The "Insider Threat Records Checks" course was developed to equip Insider Threat Program operational personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to conduct their duties under the data collection requirement of DoD Directive 5205.16, Insider Threat Program. Insider Threat operational personnel must identify Insider Threat Indicators in records, databases, and other electronic forms of information. Training is required to identify required reporting from DoD Directive 5240.06, Counterintelligence Awareness and Reporting (CIAR); DoD 5220.22-M, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual; Security Executive Agent Directive 4 (SEAD-4); National Security Adjudicative Guidelines; and other indicators that meet DITMAC thresholds, or as determined by OUSD(I) and/or policy guidance.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe how records checks support the identification of potential insider threats
- Identify legal requirements to consider when accessing, handling, and reporting records and data
- Describe how to locate information about potential insider threats
- Assess the veracity of the information found in records
- Identify potential risk indicators in records, databases, and other electronic forms of information
- Describe circumstances under which information may be shared within an Insider Threat Program or referred outside of the Program and why
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 90 minutes
Target Audience: The target audience for this training is individuals working as Insider Threat Program operational personnel. This includes the Insider Threat Program Manager and any of those subject matter experts designated to coordinate their support of the organization’s Insider Threat Program.
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater to receive a certificate of completion.
Reference: See the Insider Threat Toolkit for policy references.
Prerequisites: Insider Threat Awareness INT101.16
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: N/A
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.