Marking Classified Information IF105.16
Description: This course provides the requirements and methods for marking classified information and other classified materials. Lessons address general marking requirements, marking originally classified information, derivatively classified information, changes in markings, marking special types, and categories of materials and information.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify National and Department of Defense (DoD) policies related to marking classified and controlled unclassified documents
- Mark an original and derivatively classified document with appropriate banner, portion, control, and classification authority markings
- Identify marking requirements for downgraded or declassified documents, upgraded classified documents, and extended classification duration
- Identify marking requirements for special types of documents and materials, such as electronically transmitted messages, websites, and letters of transmittal
- Identify marking requirements for special categories of information and from sources external to the DoD
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: DoD military, civilian, and contractor personnel who generate and mark classified information and materials
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a passing score of 75 percent on the final exam (IF105.06) to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IF201.01, IS030.CU, GS101.01, and GS101.10
- Professional Development Units (PDU) per SPēD: 6
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.