OPSEC Awareness for Military Members, DoD Employees and Contractors GS130.16
This course contains the final exam. Students will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This is an interactive web-based course that provides OPSEC awareness for military members, government employees, contractors and dependents. The course provides information on the basic need to protect unclassified information about operations and personal information to ensure safe and successful operations and personal safety.
Course Resources: Access this course’s resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Recognize the five-step OPSEC Process.
- Recognize that unclassified indicators may lead an adversary to discover classified and unclassified critical information.
- Recognize vulnerabilities.
- Take reasonable precautions to protect Critical Information.
Length: 45 minutes
Target Audience: The target audience for this training includes the following:
- Members of the United States military services
- Civilian employees of the Department of Defense (DoD)
- DoD Contractor employees
- Other employees of the U.S. government
- Others affiliated with the U.S. Government, including military dependents
Clearance Requirements: None
Number of students per class: N/A
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with GS101.01, GS101.10
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: N/A
Requirements: Students must complete online course in order to print a certificate of successful completion.
System Requirements: Internet Explorer 6.0, Flash Player 8, Internet bandwidth connection (DSL or better), Display 1024 x 768, Audio (16-bit sound card), Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.