Developing a Security Education and Training Program GS104.16
Description: This course provides a thorough understanding of the DoD and National Industrial Security Program (NISP) policy requirements, best practices, and instructional methods for developing and implementing a security education and training program. After completing this course, you will be familiar with the requirements for security education and training program and will have the knowledge to develop a program at your location.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the purpose of a security education and training program
- Identify security education and training policy requirements for DoD and Industry personnel
- Identify key security briefing types and their scope
- Identify strategies for gaining management support for your security education and training program
- Identify the steps involved in establishing a training strategy
- Identify methods for delivering security training
- Identify strategies for motivating individuals to perform their security duties and meet their responsibilities
- Identify key activities involved in maintaining a security education and training program
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: DoD civilian, military, and contractor personnel who have responsibility for developing, delivering, and maintaining a security education and training program
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a passing score of 75% on the final examination in order to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with IS020.CU, IS030.CU, GS101.01, and GS101.10
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 6
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.