Portable Electronic Devices / Removable Storage Media DS-IA109.06
This course was created by DISA and is hosted on CDSE's learning management system STEPP. This course does not have a final exam.
Description: In this presentation, Department of Defense (DoD) information systems users will learn about significant security risks associated with portable electronic devices (PEDs) and removable storage media. Users will also learn which types of PEDs and removable storage media are of great concern to the DoD. Removable storage media is clearly defined, and users will gain a better understanding of exactly what portable electronic devices are. New restrictions on the use of PEDs and removable storage media are introduced, and users will learn what must be done to mitigate the security risks to DoD data, to include DoD policy regarding data encryption, stored on these devices. Users will have an opportunity to test their knowledge of DoD policy related to storage and processing DoD information using PEDs.
Course Resources: N/A
This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify portable electronic devices (PEDs) and removable media
- Identify security risks associated with PEDs and removable media
- Identify the requirements for encrypting PEDs and removable media
- Identify practical countermeasures for mitigating security risks associated with PEDs and removable media
Length: 1 hour
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DoD) information system users and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program
Number of Student per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: N/A
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 3
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.