Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Course CS124.16
This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course introduces the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Cybersecurity policies for the Department of Defense (DoD). The course will address the current state of Cybersecurity within DoD and the appropriate transition timelines. In addition, it identifies the six steps of the RMF and highlights the key factors to each step.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify policies and regulations that govern the DoD transition to RMF
- Define DoD Information Technology affected by RMF
- Understand the implementation of RMF
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 30 minutes
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DoD) military, civilian, and contractor personnel who are responsible for evaluating information systems under the RMF and certifying to the Government that information systems meet security requirements
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final examination (CS124.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IF201.01
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 1.5
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.