Risk Management Framework (RMF) Step 6: Monitor Security Controls CS107.16
Description: This course covers the final step of the Risk Management Framework process: Monitor Security Controls. This step is critical in maintaining an effective security posture and accreditation status. The course modules will prepare the student to for their role and responsibility in reassessing risk and reporting the current status throughout the system lifecycle.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Explain the importance of documenting system changes
- Recognize the need for ongoing assessment, risk determination, and remediation
- Describe how assessor results can be used
- Define the required frequency for reassessment
- Explain why status reporting is necessary
- Describe the information system removal and disposal process
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 50 minutes
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DoD) information system users and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: N/A
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 1.5
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.