Risk Management Framework (RMF) Step 1: Categorization of the System CS102.16
This course does not have a final exam.
Description: This course covers the first step of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process: Categorization of the System. Upon completion, students will understand how to determine and apply the appropriate security requirements for an information system prior to registration. This course also discusses the roles and responsibilities related to system categorization and security plan preparation.
Course Resources: N/A
This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify security categorization resources
- Define security categorization
- Identify roles and responsibilities for Step 1
- Identify information types
- Define impact values and their application
- Describe confidentiality security categorization factors
- Define system boundaries and be prepared to complete the Security Plan
- Complete registration of the information system
Length: 40 minutes
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DoD) information system users and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program
Number of Student per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: N/A
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) N/A
- Continuing Education Units per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 1.5
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.