Sensitizing Facility Employees to Counterintelligence Concerns CI142.16
Description: This course provides Facility Security Officers (FSOs) with a fundamental understanding of the key communities or employees within a cleared defense contract facility that most frequently become targets of suspicious contacts. It will help the FSOs identify the potential vulnerabilities residing within each functional area so they can communicate with them and help prioritize needs for countermeasures. It provides the employees with an awareness of those collection methods used by foreign entities and the urgency for reporting those suspicious activities.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify key employee groups most likely to be targeted by an adversary attempting to gain information, their vulnerabilities, and kinds of contact likely to be experienced
- Identify ways to promote employee awareness and reporting of issues of CI concern
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 30 minutes
Target Audience: Facility Security Officers (FSOs)
- General Requirements: N/A Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final examination allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- It is highly recommended that FSOs complete the Integrating Counterintelligence and Threat Awareness Into Your Security Program CI010.16 course.
- This course is also complemented by two other CI courses for FSOs found on STEPP:
- ACE Credit Recommendation (What's this?): In association with CI201.CU
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 1.5
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.