Protecting Your Facility's Technology CI141.16
Description: Following courses (CI140.16) "The Relationship Between Counterintelligence and Security" and (CI142.16) "Sensitizing Facility Employees to Counterintelligence Concerns," the course will include a partially-offline independent activity where, in response to prompts, FSOs fill out a printable workbook with information specific to the technology at their facility. The course allows FSOs to stop the course at set intervals, make inquiries of people at their facility, and record information in their workbook. Once developed, the FSO can then use their workbook to perform counterintelligence-related functions. The course addresses several basic elements recommended for the FSO to have considered for protection of facility assets.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
- Identify the assets, threats, and vulnerabilities to your facility's technology
- Identify the technologies you have at your facility
- Identify who might want to obtain each technology
- Identify the primary methods an adversary might use to target and collect information at your facility
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 30 minutes
Target Audience: Facility Security Officers (FSOs)
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final examination allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- It is highly recommended that FSOs complete the Integrating Counterintelligence and Threat Awareness Into Your Security Program CI010.16 course.
- This course is also complemented by two other CI courses for FSOs found on STEPP:
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with CI201.CU
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 1.5
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.