Protecting Assets in the NISP CI117.16
Description: The Protecting Assets in the NISP course provides a detailed explanation of the importance of CI awareness to effective industry security programs. Topics include the relationship between CI and security; CI and threat awareness policy for industry personnel; elements of an effective CI program; common types of threats and methods of operation; sources of threat information; threats related to U.S. Government-sensitive and -classified technologies; and CI and threat awareness reporting requirements and procedures.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, the student will be able to explain the importance of counterintelligence and threat awareness in industry security programs.
This course covers:
- Threat awareness policy requirements for industry
- The role of DSS CI Directorate in CI and threat awareness
- Types of threats, common methods of operation, and countermeasures
- The role of analytical risk management in threat identification
- Key sources of threat information
- Threat reporting requirements and procedures
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 60 minutes
Target Audience: The target audience for the Protecting Assets in the NISP course is cleared defense industry security personnel, including Facility Security Officers, and the general workforce responsible for protecting U.S. defense technology contained within the U.S. industrial base. Ancillary audiences include cleared DoD military, civilian, and contractor security professionals responsible for developing or maintaining security programs at their unit or facility.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing grade of 75 percent on the final examination CI117.06 allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) N/A
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: N/A
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.