My SPēD Certification (MSC) Account
MSC is the system of record for the SPēD Certification Program. Before scheduling a SPēD certification or credential assessment, candidates must establish an active and up-to-date MSC account. MSC accounts are where candidates and certificants will manage their SPēD Certification activity.
To create and update a MSC account:
- Create a new MSC account at (https://dcsa.useclarus.com).
- Select “Create a New Profile” on the left navigation pane. Complete all of the information, agree to the terms of conditions, and click “Register”.
- Non-DOD Identification Number Candidates Non-DOD Identification Number candidates are required to fill out additional demographic information in order to gain access to the SPēD Certification and APC Program. The SPēD Certification PMO will review and approve or deny Non-DOD Identification Number candidates within seven business days. Non-DOD Identification Number candidates are not required to complete or submit any forms outside of MSC.
- MSC requires two-factor authentication. Candidates will be required to download the “Google Authenticator” App using their phone or other mobile device. Scan the QR code to set up an account for two-factor authentication. Then, enter the time-based one-time password shown in the App.
- Select “Login” at the bottom of the page.
Update Account Information
- Sign in to your MSC Account (https://dcsa.useclarus.com).
- Under the username dropdown located on the top-right of the page, click “Profile”.
- Select “Update profile”.
- Once complete, click “Save Changes” located at the bottom of the page.
Reset Your Password
To reset your password, select “Forgot your password” on the MSC homepage. Input your username (usually your email address) and click “reset password”.
Requesting Authorization to Test and Scheduling an Assessment
After a MSC account is active and updated, and before scheduling a SPēD certification or credential assessment, candidates must obtain authorization from their employing Component or agency to take a SPēD certification assessment.
Complete the following to request authorization to test:
- Candidate must notify their supervisor of intent to participate in the SPēD Certification Program.
- Log in to (or create) MSC account.
- Select “Browse Credentials” on the left- hand navigation pane.
- Scroll to the certification or credential desired and click link under “Pass the exam listed below to obtain this certification”.
- Complete the required information including a special accommodations request, if applicable and click “Finalize Application” at the bottom of the form.
- If the request is approved, follow the instructions within the confirmation email.
- After the assessment has been scheduled, candidates will receive a confirmation email with important information for assessment day, including directions to the test center.
Upon receiving authorization to test, the assessment must be scheduled and completed within 120 calendar days.
Canceling or Rescheduling a SPēD Certification Assessment
Candidates may cancel or reschedule an assessment without penalty at least 24 hours in advance. If candidates cancel less than 24 hours in advance, they will be placed on a 90-day hold and will not be allowed to reschedule until that 90-day period expires. If extenuating circumstances warrant an exception, candidates can contact their SPēD Certification and Credentialing Program CSR.
Candidates may reschedule existing appointments within the 90-calendar day authorization allotment.
Retaking a SPēD Certification Assessment
If candidates do not obtain a passing score or do not complete the assessment, they can retake a SPēD certification or credential assessment after a 90-day waiting period. This waiting period is applied after each sitting, regardless of whether candidates completed the assessment. “Sitting for the assessment” occurs when candidates log on to the testing workstation. There is no limit to the number of times a candidate may retake any of the SPēD certification assessments. Please refer to “Prepare for SPēD Certification” for suggested preparatory tools and resources to aid in improving performance when retaking the assessment.