How do I maintain my SPēD certification?
To maintain an active and up-to-date SPēD certification, earn 100 Professional Development Units (PDUs) within your two-year maintenance cycle, at least 50 of which must be related to security. Follow these steps to record the PDUs you earn:
- Log in to My SPēD Certification (MSC) account.
- Navigate to "Enter PDU Credits" to begin you Certification Renewal Package (CRP).
- Determine which professional development category to use.
- Enter PDUs.
- Ensure your PDUs are in the right category.
- Submit your CRP once you reach 100 PDUs.
If you need additional assistance, refer to the Certification Renewal Quick Reference Guide or our Certification Maintenance FAQs.