Reporting Identity Theft
- Report Identity Theft to one of the Credit Bureaus
Place fraud alert on your credit file to let creditors know to contact you before opening a new account in your name. Contact one of the three credit bureaus. That company must tell the other two.
- Report Identity Theft to local law enforcement and other agencies as applicable
- Internet Fraud
- Memo From FTC to Law Enforcement
- Social Security Identity Fraud / Social Security Administration Toll free: 1-800-269-0271
- Tax Identity Fraud: Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Toll free: 1-800- 908-4490
- How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud?