SPēD Resources for Candidates and Certificants
The Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) is committed to supporting you in your journey in the SPēD Certification Program. Below are resources to guide you in this endeavor.
If you have any questions or require additional resources not listed here, please contact your DoD SPēD Component POC.
- SPēD Certification Program Candidate Handbook
- Adjudicator Professional Certification Program Candidate Handbook
- DoD Personnel Security Adjudicator Professional Certification (APC) Program Maintenance Procedures
- SPēD Certification Program Appeal Request
- SPēD Certification Program Waiver Request
- Cyber Standards for Security Practitioners Fact Sheet
- DoD Manual (DoDM) 3305.13-M, "DoD Security Accreditation and Certification" (14 March 2011)
- DoD Instruction (DoDI) 3305.13, "DoD Security Training" (13 February 2014)
- Security Professional Education Development (SPēD) Certification Program Implementation Plan (June 2013) (Revised 29 January 2014)
- DoD Directive (DoDD) 5143.01, "Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (USD(I))" (23 November 2005)
- DoDI 3115.11, "DoD Intelligence Human Capital Management Operations" (22 January 2009)
- Intelligence Community (IC) Directive (ICD) 652, "Occupational Structure for the Intelligence Community Civilian Workforce" (28 April 2008)
- ICD 610, "Competency Directories for the Intelligence Community Workforce" (4 October 2010)
Videos and Shorts
Left click to launch video. Right click to save video.
|Request to Become SPēD Certified
So you want to become SPēD certified. How do you start?
|00:01:22||Provides an overview of how to request to become SPēD certified, including the 10 steps to SPēD testing.|
"Building skills and knowledge are the keys to success. The SPēD Program supports DoD security professionals in meeting this challenge."
|00:04:29||Provides a brief overview of the SPēD Certification Program, including the importance of a certification program among DoD security professionals.|
Certification Maintenance Railway
The SPēD Certification Maintenance Railway is a series of six short modules that are designed to familiarize certificants with the certification maintenance requirements and the renewal form. Select one of the six categories below to access the audio/visual tutorial for each one.