Physical Security and Asset Protection PY201.01
Description: This course will provide students the ability to identify and utilize regulatory guidance, methodologies, and concepts for protecting DoD assets. Students will be able to apply the risk management process, conduct problem solving, and incorporate best practices to develop courses of action utilizing physical security measures, based on a cost-benefit analysis, to protect an installation’s assets.
The course is administered through eLearning prerequisites and Instructor-led training.
The prerequisite eLearning courses/exams provide a comprehensive introduction to common DoD security practices. You are required to successfully complete all prerequisites prior to requesting enrollment in the Instructor-led course.
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Review and demonstrate knowledge of physical security concepts, measures, countermeasures, and aids
- Analyze threats, vulnerabilities, and risks to DoD assets and the different methodologies to manage risk
- Examine the parts of the physical security plan and identify assets, stakeholders, and physical security protections
- Examine the physical security requirements for installation and facility access control, Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF), classified storage area, and AA&E arms rooms
- Identify requirements, conduct problem solving, and cost benefit analysis to justify physical security measures
- Prepare recommendations and brief the commander on protecting DoD assets
Delivery Method: Instructor-led
Length: 5 Days
Target Audience: The target audience for this training is DoD civilian and military personnel, as well as contractors involved in the planning and management of physical security programs.
- Clearance Requirements: Secret
- Attendance Requirements: Full-time attendance
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a 75 percent cumulative grade average of all practical exercises, quizzes and exams.
Prerequisites: You must complete all identified prerequisites in order to request enrollment in the Instructor-led course.
- Introduction to Physical Security PY011.06
- Exterior Security Lighting PY109.06
- Electronic Security Systems PY250.06
- Physical Security Measures PY103.06
- Physical Security Planning and Implementation PY106.06
- Lock and Key Systems PY104.06
- Storage Containers and Facilities PY105.06
- Risk Management for DoD Security Programs GS102.06
- Protected Distribution System CS140.16
- Physical Security Virtual Environment ALternative Assessment PY107.06
*NOTE: You are required to successfully complete all eLearning courses/exams before requesting enrollment to the course. .
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) Three (3) semester hours, upper division baccalaureate degree category
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 45
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Contact CompTIA to find out about CEUs for this course.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
IF STEPP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE PREREQUISITE COURSES, CONTACT THE Help Desk.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.