Held at the NCMS Annual Training Seminar, New Orleans, Louisiana
Description: This course allows new Facility Security Officers (FSOs) and security personnel to learn and apply fundamental National Industrial Security Program (NISP) requirements in a collaborative environment. It also serves as a refresher on industrial security basics for experienced FSOs. Areas of focus include the DD 254, insider threat, reporting requirements, counterintelligence, security and contractor reviews, security training and briefings, and personnel security.
Learning Objectives: Students will demonstrate comprehension of NISP requirements for FSOs.
Delivery Method: Instructor-led Training
Length: 1 day, 9 hours
Target Audience: The target audience is FSOs at cleared DOD contractor facilities participating in the NISP. Secondary audiences include other contractor security personnel, DOD Industrial Security Specialists, and others working in the security environment such as Human Resources, Administrative Assistants, Program Managers, and Military Members exiting the various services.
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements:
- Full-time attendance and participation in all lessons. Please note that you must receive CDSE email confirmation of course registration approval. At the time of class check in, you will be required to provide a photo ID and proof of the registration email from CDSE.
- Exam Requirements: N/A
Prerequisites: Successful completion of the following courses:
- Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16) and exam
- Preparing the DD Form 254 (IS128.16) and exam
- Insider Threat Awareness Course (INT101.16) and exam
- Counterintelligence Awareness and Security Brief (CI112.16) and exam
- In STEPP, navigate to the Getting Started Seminar for New FSOs Prerequisite Page (IS121.PR)
- Complete the Prerequisite Requirements
- Request registration by selecting the June 5, 2023, class in New Orleans, Louisiana listed under “Register for the instructor-led training.”
Note: Please monitor your email for registration status updates.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
IF STEPP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE PREREQUISITE COURSES, CONTACT THE Help Desk.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.