Note: CDSE will review the local and DOD COVID-19 restrictions within 30 days of each instructor-led course and may cancel the course based on the results. In this case, the CDSE Registrar’s Office will notify students to reschedule for a future offering.
Description: This course will provide students the ability to identify and utilize regulatory guidance, methodologies, and concepts for protecting DOD assets. Students will be able to apply the risk management process, conduct problem solving, and incorporate best practices to develop courses of action utilizing physical security measures, based on a cost-benefit analysis, to protect an installation’s assets.
The course is administered through eLearning prerequisites and Instructor-led training.
The prerequisite eLearning courses/exams provide a comprehensive introduction to the Physical Security Program. You are required to complete all the prerequisites prior to requesting enrollment in the Instructor-led course.
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Review and demonstrate knowledge of physical security concepts, measures, countermeasures, and aids
- Analyze threats, vulnerabilities, and risks to DOD assets and the different methodologies to manage risk
- Examine the parts of the physical security plan and identify assets, stakeholders, and physical security protections
- Examine the physical security requirements for installation and facility access control, Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF), classified storage area, and Arms Ammunition & Explosives arms rooms
- Identify requirements, conduct problem solving, and cost benefit analysis to justify physical security measures
- Prepare recommendations and brief the commander on protecting DOD assets
Delivery Method: Instructor-led
Length: 5 Days
Target Audience: The target audience for this training is DOD civilian and military personnel, as well as contractors involved in the planning and management of physical security programs.
- Clearance Requirements: There is no clearance requirement. Students must be a DOD or other Federal Government (military, civilian, or contractor) employee and must have a .gov or .mil email address listed in their STEPP profile to attend this course. Employees of state and local governments or private industry must be sponsored by a DOD agency, or another Federal Government agency.
- Attendance Requirements: Full-time attendance
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a 75 percent cumulative grade average of all practical exercises, quizzes, and exams.
Prerequisites: You must complete all identified prerequisites in order to request enrollment in the Instructor-led course.
- Introduction to Physical Security PY011.06
- Exterior Security Lighting PY109.06
- Electronic Security Systems PY250.06
- Physical Security Measures PY103.06
- Physical Security Planning and Implementation PY106.06
- Lock and Key Systems PY104.06
- Storage Containers and Facilities PY105.06
- Risk Management for DOD Security Programs GS102.06
- Protected Distribution System CS140.16
- ICD 705 Physical Security Construction Requirements for SAP SA501.06
- Physical Security Virtual Environment Assessment PY108.06 - This activity serves as a Capstone Assessment and will open after all the prerequisites listed above have been completed
*NOTE: You are required to complete all eLearning courses/exams before requesting enrollment to the course.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
IF STEPP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE PREREQUISITE COURSES, CONTACT THE Help Desk.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.