Description: This course provides students with policy and direction to ensure inspections are standardized, equitable, and consistent across inspection agencies utilizing the DOD Special Access Program (SAP) Security Manuals. The course reinforces policies and procedures established for the inspection of a Special Access Program (SAP) and its related functional areas as directed by the SAP Central Office (SAPCO) to validate compliance with Government requirements. Students develop the concept of inspection by observing and interacting rather than relying on the inspection checklist.
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the documents, regulations, and requirements that provide the authority for the compliance inspection process for SAP system and programs.
- Identify the elements that ensure consistent, complete, thorough, and unbiased inspections.
- Participate in simulated inspection exercises and scenarios, analyzing self-inspection documents and verifying validity.
- Assume the role of a member of a government inspection team to conduct a mock inspection, assign ratings, write inspection reports, and conduct in/out-briefs. In each mock briefing, inspectors will demonstrate and use appropriate communication skills.
Delivery Method: Instructor-led
Length: 2 days
Target Audience: The target audience is Program Security Officers (PSO), Government SAP Security Officers (GSSO), Contractor Program Security Officers (CPSO), and new and experienced Inspection Team Members, including contractor personnel. Approval for course attendance is required and is accomplished through procedures established by the Service SAP Central Offices.
- Clearance Requirements: SECRET – Student clearance eligibility and access information must be documented in the Joint Clearance Access Verification System (JCAVS).
- Attendance Requirement: To successfully complete this course, full-time attendance at all sessions and participation in practical exercises is required.
- Exam Requirements: N/A
Prerequisites: Successful completion of the Introduction to Special Access Programs (SAPs) SA101.01.
- Students desiring attendance in this course must request registration via STEPP, request nomination from POC/Training Officer of their sponsoring Government agency, and await approval notification.
- If approved to attend this course, students will receive notification from CDSE.
- Ensure that your STEPP account reflects the most up-to-date information; e-mail address and phone number are critical for course approval and communication prior to attendance at the course.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
IF STEPP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE PREREQUISITE COURSES, CONTACT THE Help Desk.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.