Other than the required annual training, what can I do to keep the Vigilance message fresh? Instilling a sense of vigilance in the general workforce is a basic tenet of establishing an insider threat program. Annual awareness training is a start, but the message can diminish over time. Developing a vigilance campaign for your organization is an effective solution. Deploying regular messaging, awareness, and communications materials ensures that the general workforce is prepared to recognize and respond to the insider threat. The campaign can also serve as an introduction to your Insider Threat Program ensuring that everyone knows whom to report to and feels comfortable doing so.
Vigilance Campaign Materials
- DoD Insider Threat Program Managers can access additional resources for their programs on Intelink. Request Access.
- Vigilance Campaign Guidance Document
- 2018 Insider Threat Vigilance Campaign Job Aid for DoD and Industry
Job Aids/Case Studies/Tri-Folds
- “An odd encounter with Tim,” Season One: Turning People Around, Not Turning Them In.
- “Check Out My New Ride,” Season One: Turning People Around, Not Turning Them In.
- DHS Video: Insider Threat Scenarios
- DHS Video: Understanding the Insider Threat
- Don't Be a Pawn: A Warning to Students Abroad (Human Targeting)
- FBI video: "Company Man"
- Insider Threat Video Lesson: Mozaffar Khazaee
- Insider Threat Video Lesson: Cybersecurity
- Insider Threat Video Lesson: Mishandling Classified Information
- NITTF Any Given Day
- Unauthorized Disclosure Video Lesson: DNI Testimony
- Voices of the Betrayed
- Insider Threat Crossword Puzzle
- See Something, Say Something Challenge
- Trivia Twirl
- Vigilance Word Search
Toolkit feedback/suggestions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.