Other than the required annual training, what can I do to keep the Vigilance message fresh? Instilling a sense of vigilance in the general workforce is a basic tenet of establishing an insider threat program. Annual awareness training is a start, but the message can diminish over time. Developing a vigilance campaign for your organization is an effective solution. Deploying regular messaging, awareness, and communications materials ensures that the general workforce is prepared to recognize and respond to the insider threat. The campaign can also serve as an introduction to your Insider Threat Program ensuring that everyone knows whom to report to and feels comfortable doing so.
Vigilance Campaign Materials
- DoD Insider Threat Program Managers can access additional resources for their programs on Intelink. Request Access.
- Vigilance Campaign Guidance Document
- Insider Threat Annual Vigilance Campaign Job Aid
Use Tact, Don't Overreact
11 x 14
Building Trust Keeps Us Safe
11 x 14
Don't Delay, Report It Today
11 x 14
Job Aids/Case Studies/Tri-Folds
- Engineering a Traitor Graphic Novella
- Insider Threat Graphic Novella
- Insider Threat Virtual Forum Guidance
- CDSE Insider Threat Case Studies
- Potential Risk Indicators Kinetic Violence Job Aid
- Tales from the Inside: Volume 1
- What's the 411 on 811 Job Aid
- Turning People Around, Not Turning Them In.
- DHS Video: Insider Threat Scenarios
- DHS Video: Understanding the Insider Threat
- Don't Be a Pawn: A Warning to Students Abroad (Human Targeting)
- FBI video: "Company Man"
- Insider Threat Video Lesson: Critical Infrastructure
- Insider Threat Video Lesson: Cybersecurity
- Insider Threat Video Lesson: Mishandling Classified Information
- Insider Threat Video Lesson: Mozaffar Khazaee
- NITTF Any Given Day
- Unauthorized Disclosure Video Lesson: DNI Testimony
- Voices of the Betrayed
Security Awareness Games
- Insider Threat Concentration Game
- Insider Threat Crossword Puzzle
- See Something, Say Something Challenge
- Trivia Twirl
- Vigilance Word Search
Toolkit feedback/suggestions? Email email@example.com.