Per the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (USD(I)) the DoDM 5200.01, Volume 4, Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) will be shelved and the new CUI policy guidance will be placed into a DoD Instruction (DoDI) currently in the issuance process. Once finalized and released on the DoD Issuance website will:
- outline training requirements for all DoD personnel, address legacy information requirements,
- identify handling and marking requirements,
- outline general CUI administrative requirements,
- identify release and disclosure requirements,
- and outline dissemination, decontrolling, and destruction requirements.
In the interim, DoD Components will continue to follow and apply the current guidance per the DoDM 5200.01, Volume 4 until the new DoDI has been approved and released.
- National Policy
- Department of Defense Policy
Training & Education
Toolkit feedback/suggestions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.