Traditionally, the acquisition process was said to be supported by three pillars: cost, schedule, and performance. We now recognize that these pillars must stand on a foundation of strong security to enable the development of uncompromised products and services critical to our nation's defense and economic well-being. We must prioritize and cultivate a culture of security by applying an intelligence-led, threat-driven, asset-focused mindset to critical technology protection. Just as acquisitions professionals will need to understand security fundamentals, security professionals must also become knowledgeable and informed about the acquisitions process.
The Defense Acquisition University and the Center for Development of Security Excellence are partnering to improve the acquisition community's knowledge and application of security best practices. Likewise, we are partnering to improve the security community's knowledge and understanding of the acquisition process, to include supply chain risk management and lifecycle logistics. The goal is to leverage, promote, and ensure acquisition and security professionals have access to needed training and other resources to support security as the foundation of the acquisition process.
View the links below for access to training and other resources to help you understand and navigate the acquisition process.
eLearning (available on STEPP)
- Acquisitions and Contracting Basics in the NISP IS123.16
- Contracting for the Rest of Us DAU-CLC011.16
- Counterfeit Prevention Awareness DAU-CLL062.16
- Counterintelligence Awareness and Security Brief CI112.16
- Cybersecurity throughout DoD Acquisition DAU-CLE074.16
- DoD Supply Chain Fundamentals DAU-CLL037.16
- Introduction to Risk Management GS150.06
- Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) CS124.16
- Life Cycle Logistics for the Rest of Us DAU-CLL004.16
- OPSEC Awareness for Military Members, DoD Employees and Contractors GS130.16
- Preventing Counterfeit Electronic Parts from Entering the DoD Supply System DAU-CLL032.16
- Program Manager Introduction to Anti-Tamper DAU-CLE022.16
- Program Protection Planning Awareness DAU-ACQ160.16
- Protecting Assets in the NISP CI117.16
eLearning (available through DAU - see How to obtain a DAU Student Account )
- Supply Chain Risk Management for Information and Communications Technology CLE080
- Foreign Military Sales CLB036
- Export Controls CLC048
- Time Space-Position Information CLE038
Toolkit feedback/suggestions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.