SPēD Resources for Components
The Defense Security Service (DSS) is committed to supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) and its Components in promoting the SPēD Certification Program. Below are resources to inform you and your organization about the SPēD Certification Program and its benefits.
If you have any questions or require additional resources not listed here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SPēD Certification Program Candidate Handbook
- Adjudicator Professional Certification Candidate Handbook
- DoD Personnel Security Adjudicator Professional Certification (APC) Program Maintenance Procedures
- SPēD Certification Program Appeal Request
- SPēD Certification Program Waiver Request
- Cyber Standards for Security Practitioners Fact Sheet
- DoD Manual (DoDM) 3305.13-M, "DoD Security Accreditation and Certification" (14 March 2011)
- DoD Instruction (DoDI) 3305.13, "DoD Security Training" (13 February 2014)
- Security Professional Education Development (SPēD) Certification Program Implementation Plan (June 2013) (Revised 29 January 2014)
- DoD Directive (DoDD) 5143.01, "Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (USD(I))" (23 November 2005)
- DoDI 3115.11, "DoD Intelligence Human Capital Management Operations" (22 January 2009)
- Intelligence Community (IC) Directive (ICD) 652, "Occupational Structure for the Intelligence Community Civilian Workforce" (28 April 2008)
- ICD 610, "Competency Directories for the Intelligence Community Workforce" (4 October 2010)
Videos and Shorts
Left click to launch video. Right click to save video.
(22 July 2015)
|Introductions||00:05:30||Provides an overview of the SPēD Certification Program mapping process, lessons learned, and resources available to assist Components.|
|The LEAD Process||01:27:34|
|Department of Defense Security Skill Standards (DS3)||00:19:43||Provides an overview of the current version of the Defense Security Skill Standards (DS3). Examples are provided on how to use the document.|
Certification Maintenance Railway
The SPēD Certification Maintenance Railway is a series of six short modules that are designed to familiarize certificants with the certification maintenance requirements and the renewal form. Select one of the six categories below to access the audio/visual tutorial for each one.