How do I maintain my SPēD certification?
To maintain an active and up-to-date SPēD certification, earn 100 Professional Development Units (PDUs) within your two-year maintenance cycle, at least 50 of which must be related to security. Follow these steps to record the PDUs you earn:
- Log in to My SPēD Certification (MSC) account .
- Navigate to the correct Certification Renewal Forms (CRFs).
- Determine which professional development category to use.
- Enter PDUs.
- Ensure your PDUs are in the right category.
- Submit your CRF once you reach 100 PDUs.
"Sample timeline of two-year maintenance cycle:"
Certification Maintenance Railway
The SPēD Certification Maintenance Railway is a tutorial with modules designed to familiarize certificants with the certification maintenance requirements and renewal form. Once you access the tutorial, you may navigate to individual certification maintenance categories by using the menu on the left.
Need additional assistance?
Refer to the SPēD Certification Maintenance and Renewal Procedures and our Certification Maintenance FAQs.