How do I maintain my SPēD certification?
To maintain an active and up-to-date SPēD certification, earn 100 Professional Development Units (PDUs) within your two-year maintenance cycle, at least 50 of which must be related to security. Follow these steps to record the PDUs you earn:
- Log in to My SPēD Certification (MSC) account .
- Navigate to the correct Certification Renewal Forms (CRFs).
- Determine which professional development category to use.
- Enter PDUs.
- Ensure your PDUs are in the right category.
- Submit your CRF once you reach 100 PDUs.
"Sample timeline of two-year maintenance cycle:"
Certification Maintenance Railway
The SPēD Certification Maintenance Railway is a series of six short modules designed to familiarize certificants with the certification maintenance requirements and the renewal form. Select one of the six categories below to access the audio/visual tutorial for each one.
- Certification Programs
- Security-related Training Education, or Certificate Program and Higher Education
- Non-security-related Training, Education or Certificate Program and Higher Education
- Conferences and Workshops
- SPēD Certification Projects
- Experience and Achievements
Need additional assistance?
Refer to the SPēD Certification Maintenance and Renewal Procedures and our Certification Maintenance FAQs.