Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I create an account?
- How do I log in?
- What is on my STEPP homepage?
- How do I establish my preferences?
- How do I browse/search for training?
- How do I register for training?
- How do I view my training schedule?
- How do I launch my training?
- How do I cancel my training?
- How do I view my progress?
- How do I view/print my certificate?
- How do I view my transcript?
- How do I update my profile?
How do I create an account?
To create an account in STEPP:
- From the Log On page, click on the Create your new STEPP user account link that appears below the Log On button.
- Enter a username of your choice. The username is case sensitive. We recommend you use lower case and no spaces or special characters.
- Enter your social security number.
- Select the Submit button. STEPP will then confirm whether you have entered a unique username, if so, the second page will be displayed. If the username you selected is not unique you will be prompted to select a different username. If you see a message stating the social security number is already in use you must call the DoD Security Services Center at 1-888-282-7682 to have your account enabled.
- Enter a password. Your password must be at least fifteen (15) characters in length and contain a mix of two (2) uppercase letters, two (2) lowercase letters, two (2) special characters (!#$% etc.) and two (2) numbers. The password is case sensitive.
- Re-enter the same password in the Password Confirmation field.
- Complete the rest of the fields. Required fields are marked with an asterisk; you cannot leave these fields blank.
- After completing the form select the Submit button. If you receive warnings from STEPP about invalid entries, you should correct these and click Submit again. Once successful, proceed to the STEPP Log On .
- At the STEPP log on screen enter the user name and password you just created and select the Log On button. If you have just created a new STEPP account you will not be able to view the course listing until approximately one hour after the account has been created. Please log back into STEPP approximately one hour later.