SAP Mid-Level Security Management SA201.01
Description: This course provides an in-depth explanation of Special Access Program (SAP) security management with a focus on the students' ability to define how security enhancements, based on the threat and vulnerability of SAPs, are determined. Students are given scenarios to practice adjusting security countermeasures throughout the SAP lifecycle in response to the changing threat.
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Define the security requirements and responsibilities for the protection of DoD SAPs throughout the SAP lifecycle.
- Prepare and/or present a select number of documents, plans, and guides required for DoD SAPs.
- Discuss the potential foreign intelligence threats to the continuation of the DoD SAP, assess a problem's vulnerabilities, and recommend appropriate countermeasures to diminish the threat
- Identify activities, regulations, sources, and references that contribute to DoD SAP security management.
- Identify agencies and organizations that provide support to DoD SAPs.
- Identify the role of oversight agencies involved with DoD SAPs.
- Use scenarios adjusting security countermeasures throughout the SAP life cycle in response to the changing threat.
- Review, revise, or write security-related supporting documentation, such as treaty, physical security, and transportation plans.
Delivery Method: Instructor-led
Length: 4.5 days
Target Audience: The target audience is DoD civilian, military, and contractors with multidiscipline responsibilities for the management, oversight, and support to DoD Special Access Programs with a minimum of two years of experience. Approval for course attendance is required and will be accomplished through procedures established by the OSD and DoD SAP Central Offices.
- Clearance Requirements: SECRET – Student clearance eligibility and access information must be documented in the Joint Clearance Access Verification System (JCAVS).
- Attendance Requirements: Students must be present for the entire course and complete homework assignments, practical exercises, and examinations to receive a certificate of training.
- Exam Requirements: To successfully complete this course, students must obtain 80 percent of the accumulative point total for the course (220 of 275) calculated from scores on graded homework assignment, practical exercises, quizzes, and final examination.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of the:
- Introduction to Special Access Programs (SAPS) SA101.01
- Risk Management for DoD Security Programs GS102.06
- Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) CS124.06
- A minimum of two years of experience in a DoD SAP is required to attend this course. A waiver for this requirements can be granted only by the student’s respective SAPCO.
- Students desiring attendance in this course must register via STEPP, request nomination from POC/Training Officer of their sponsoring Government agency, and await approval notification.
- If approved to attend this course, students will receive an email
from the CDSE SAP Mid-Level Course Manager, approximately 45 days
prior to the course start date, identifying the mandatory read-ahead
materials. If you do not have the read-ahead materials identified,
please contact your respective SAP Training Coordinator:
- Army DoD civilians, military, and contractors supporting the Army call: 703-695-4059 or 703-614-6789
- Navy DoD civilians, military, and contractors supporting the Navy call: 202-284-1610
- Air Force DoD civilians, military, and contractors supporting the Air Force email: SPSC@pentagon.af.mil
- All others please send an email to email@example.com
- Ensure that your STEPP account reflects the most up-to-date information; e-mail address and phone number are critical for course approval and communication prior to attendance at the course.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) Three (3) semester hours, graduate degree category
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 45.00
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.