SAP Security Awareness Seminar SA110.01
Description: This Seminar introduces students to Department of Defense (DoD) Special Access Programs (SAPs). It meets specific SAP security training needs of the requesting organization with emphasis on security enhancements across multiple security disciplines. Topics to be discussed include SAP Overview, SAP Classified Contracts and DD Forms 254, Physical Security, Personnel Security, Visits and Meetings, OPSEC, Information Assurance, Security Incidents, Classification Marking and Safeguarding, Transmission and Transportation, Security Compliance Inspections, and Security Awareness and Training. The content and location of this training is determined by the sponsoring agency. This course is offered on a case by case basis by request only.
The learning outcomes will vary depending on the level of customization requested by the customer, but is designed to enable students to:
- Apply SAP policy documents
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of oversight agencies
- Apply the requirements of the National Industrial Security Program and the DD Form 254
- Identify requirements and documentation involved in establishing a SAP facility
- Identify rationale for enhanced personnel security requirements
- Identify visit request procedures
- Apply the five-step OPSEC process
- Identify enhanced SAP Information Assurance policies
- Apply SAP classification markings
- Identify security incident categories, causes, and investigative requirements
- Identify authorized methods of transmission and transportation of SAP material
- Apply training program requirements
Delivery Method: Instructor-led
Length: Varies (no longer than 8 hours)
Target Audience: Newly assigned SAP security professionals, SAP non-security professionals, and security professionals needing refresher training on SAP policy
Number of Students per Course: 50 (unless determined otherwise by the course manager)
- Clearance Requirements: Secret - Student clearance eligibility and access information must be documented in the Joint Clearance Access Verification System (JCAVS).
- Attendance Requirements: Full-time attendance at all sessions
Credits Recommended: N/A
List of Courses and Exams: N/A
Additional System Requirements: Check to check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.