Getting Started Seminar for New Facility Security Officers (FSOs) IS121.01
September 3-4, 2019 / Linthicum, MD
Description: This course allows new FSOs and security personnel the opportunity to discuss, practice and apply fundamental National Industrial Security Program (NISP) requirements in a collaborative classroom environment and develop a network of professional associates.
Learning Objectives: Students will demonstrate comprehension of NISP requirements for FSOs.
Delivery Method: Live, instructor-led or virtual through Adobe Connect. The live instructor-led presentation (both audio and visual) is recorded and streamed to virtual participants.
Length: 2 days
Target Audience: The target audience is Facility Security Officers at cleared DoD contractor facilities participating in the NISP. Secondary audiences include other contractor security personnel, DSS Industrial Security Representatives, DoD Industrial Security Specialists and others working in the Security environment such as Human Resources, Administrative Assistants, Program Managers and Military Members exiting the various services.
Number of Students per Course: 50
- Clearance Requirements: SECRET
- Attendance Requirements: Full-time attendance and participation in all sessions is mandatory in order to receive a certification of completion. In class attendance and attendance pods through Adobe Connect with be presented randomly throughout both days.
- Registration: Registration for the live session includes your consent to be recorded. A Welcome Letter will be sent 30 days prior to course start day with a link to register on the Adobe Connect site.
- Exam Requirements: N/A
Prerequisites: Successful completion of the Facility Security Officer (FSO) Role in the NISP course IS023.16 and exam IS023.06. NOTE: In November 2015, the prerequisite "FSO Role in the NISP" course and exam were updated. In order to register for the instructor-led "Getting Started Seminar for New FSOs" course, you must first complete the current version of the course and exam. Completion of any previous versions WILL NOT be accepted.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 45
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Contact CompTIA to find out about CEUs for this course.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
IF STEPP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE PREREQUISITE COURSES, CONTACT THE Help Desk.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.