Description: The course is designed to help you understand the Department of Defense (DOD) guiding principles for Temporary Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (T-SCIFs).
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Define Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and T-SCIF
- Recognize National Security Policy and SCI Authorities
- Identify SCI Leadership Responsibilities
- Identify Required Documentation for T-SCIF
- Explain T-SCIF Security Requirements
- Describe Examples of T-SCIF Configurations
- Discuss how SCI is Stored and Destroyed
- Create a T-SCIF Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Properly Report Security Incidents & Violations
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: The course provides quality training to both newly assigned or appointed individuals with little or no SCI experience in their performance as an SCI security official and to those in the field who are engaged in implementing a T-SCIF. Anyone involved with T-SCIFs can benefit from this training.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing grade of 80% (minimum 24 out of 30 correct answers) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.