Description: The Special Access Program Security Annual Refresher eLearning course assesses and refreshes the student’s basic understanding on the fundamentals of SAP security as outlined in DODM 5205.07 Volume 1-4. Topics include: personnel security, information security, physical security, transmission requirements, classified networks, document control, threats, and operations security.
This course includes an optional pre-test that will assess the student's current knowledge. Attaining a passing score of 80% or more on the pre-test will do the following:
- Student will be given the option to view or skip course content.
- Post-test will be skipped automatically.
- Student will be awarded with a printable certificate of successful completion.
If the student fails the pre-test, viewing course content and passing the post-test with a score of 80% or more is required to complete the course.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course enables students to:
- Recognize purpose, categories, and protection levels of Special Access Programs (SAPs) and types of SAP facilities (SAPFs)
- Identify the security procedures for SAPFs
- Identify the personnel security requirements for SAPs
- Select the proper methods for safeguarding SAP material
- Recognize threats that can affect SAPs
- Recognize Operations Security (OPSEC) requirements for SAPs
- Identify security compliance and inspection requirements for SAPs
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1.5 hours
Target Audience: The target audience for this course are DOD civilian and military personnel as well as industry contractors responsible for or involved in SAPs and the efforts to safeguard and protect SAP assets. This course is intended for individuals who have received an in-depth SAP Indoctrination brief covering the topics contained in this training.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 80% on the pre-test or post-test allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.