Description: This course provides an overview of the approved security containers and facilities used to protect classified national security information and other sensitive Department of Defense (DOD) assets. The course will identify the types of GSA-approved security containers and their uses; labeling requirements for GSA-approved security containers; restricted areas and their uses; physical security requirements for secure rooms, vaults, and Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs); and storage requirements for Arms, Ammunition, Explosives (AA&E) and nuclear weapons. In addition, it also identifies best practices and requirements for security containers and facilities.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: Students shall demonstrate comprehension of best practices for use of security containers and facilities to protect national classified information.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Target Audience: DOD civilian and military employees as well as defense contractors responsible for or involved with application of physical security in the safeguarding and protection of DOD assets
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final exam PY105.06 allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IF201.01, GS101.01, GS101.10, and PY201.01
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Contact CompTIA to find out about CEUs for this course.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.