Description: This course provides students with a high-level overview of Industrial Security (IS) Basics, including the purpose and regulatory foundations of the NISP, the overall structure of the NISP, and the fundamental NISP roles and responsibilities.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the purpose of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP), as well as the authorities that oversee its operation
- Identify the purpose of the regulatory documents that form the basis of the NISP, and identify where each document falls in the Industrial Security policy framework.
- Identify the primary roles involved in the NISP and the industrial security responsibilities of each.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1 hour
Target Audience: DOD Security Specialists with Industrial Security responsibilities, DCSA Industrial Security Representatives (IS Reps), and DCSA Industrial Security Headquarters Personnel.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.