Description: This course is For Official Use Only (FOUO) and meets the training requirements outlined in DODI O-2000.16 "Department of Defense (DOD) Antiterrorism (AT) Program Implementation" as Refresher Training and may be used to recertify Antiterrorism Officers (ATOs) based on component approvals. The course details the duties and responsibilities of ATOs at DOD facilities or installations around the world; discusses AT awareness, terrorist group operations, hostage-taking and survival, terrorist use of weapons of mass destruction, active shooter threat, and insider threat; and explores the AT plan by examining physical security considerations, the antiterrorism planning process, and resource management. As part of the course, the bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia and the attack on the USS Cole will be studied. Finally, students will participate in an interactive practice exercise that allows them to apply the knowledge gained.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
- Students will demonstrate their comprehension of the responsibilities and duties of an ATO.
- Students will identify the terrorist threat and demonstrate fundamental knowledge of measures to reduce personal vulnerability to terrorism.
- Students will demonstrate their comprehension of developing AT Programs within DOD facilities or installations.
- Students will analyze case studies surrounding the bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia and the attack on the USS Cole.
- Students will apply the knowledge obtained in the course by completing an interactive practice exercise.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 13 hours (all modules combined in the course registration)
Target Audience: This course is designed for DOD civilian and military employees, and contractors with AT program manager responsibilities. Other Federal Government employees can take the course, but their agencies' policies about this subject matter may differ from material.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: There is no clearance requirement Students must be performing duties of an ATO. Students must be a DOD or other Federal Government (military, civilian, or contractor) employee and must have a .gov or .mil email address listed in their STEPP profile to be approved for this course. Employees of state and local government or private industry must be sponsored by a DOD or another federal government agency.
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a passing score of 75% on the final exam (GS109.06) to print a certificate of successful completion.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.